Thursday, May 3, 2012




tears on the flight in. kind of one of those things about growing up in generation Y. new york has been one of those milestones that you see all your life in films and hope to one day see it for real. its the mecca of all things consumerism. so in other words all you could ever want as a gen y-er.

I'm not sue if my expectations were too high about this place being some kind of saviour of my life but its actually really scary. i knew i was going to love it at some point but amongst being rained on an not really know where the heck the subway stations were and where the subway was taking me (complete gamble and i finally figured it out)
i even ATE subway while looking for the subway so i think that helped.

so all my fantasies (my whole life) of arriving in NYC on a sunny day and everyone being nice & eating bagels was a rainy cold day!



But i tottered along with y $2 umbrella and discovered this giant machine that has amazing-ness on every corner. great to meet up and lunch with my good friend hamish who showed me  his amazing studio on 5th ave and the best cafe near madison. we went to one of the trendiest (so i found out) restaurants for dinner. food was out of this world mexican. not bad for my first day! 

people who said they appreciated my outfit = 4 
people who asked me for directions = 1 (i must look like a new yorker)(yay) 
times getting lost/disorientated = lets not talk about it. (did i mention someone asked me for directions?)
shopping bags = 5

NEW YORK WIN. (NING)


No comments:

Post a Comment