Tuesday, February 23, 2010

does anyone need help?


yesterday i saved a bad accident from happening at a busy intersection on lygon st.
it was extremely windy and a polystyrene box flew onto the road and was flying in front of cars and i road my bike out to a very dangerous position (as the lights had turned red) and picked up that box and took it out of the way... my heart was pumping so hard and a few cars beeped and waved their thank-yous.
it felt so good and i just wanted to help more people and right then a girl came up to me and asked directions... while i was in the middle of destroying the foam box and binning it. i felt an amazing rush as i kept riding. it was so windy but i felt like nothing could stop me and i could conquer the world! it just felt good to know i had helped when everyone else decided to sit back and wait for something to happen. it reminded me of my friend Hannah who stopped on the freeway to help a lost puppy once. i can now imagine the rush she must have also felt :)

No comments:

Post a Comment